Coming along with the gust of autumn is… rain. But why wait for the rainbow when we can dance in the rain? Okay, not literally because we’d probably get sick. But what I’m trying to say is sunny days aren’t the only days we can have fun. Here are some enjoyable ideas for a rainy day:
~ With friends / family:
- Board games don’t have to be boring!
- Candy Gambling! – Halloween is coming in just a day. Add a twist to card games by betting some of your candies with friends / family. You might even win some more!
- Fort Night – Build a nice fort out of sheets and pillows with your fave cousins or friends. Don’t forget to throw in some snacks and games to enjoy in there.
- Dress Up Battle – Have one person be the judge and pick a theme for that round. The rest of you will have a given time (ex. 10-15 minutes) to create a wow-worthy outfit! Once time’s up, the judge can critique each outfit, give it a rating, and pick the next person to be a judge!
- Indoor Treasure Hunt – Grab some trinkets from your house and hide them in various places. Whoever finds the most gets to hide them for the next round! You can even put a fun twist into the hunt by adding time limit or offering creative clues!
- Make a movie – Start by discussing what kind of movie you all want to make! Drama? Adventure? Mystery? Then, gather some props and costumes and go through the general plot! From there, you don’t even need a script. Improvise to keep you all on your toes!
- ABC Improv – This improv exercise isn’t just fun in an acting class! Have you and your family or friends gather around. One person says a line starting with the letter A. The next person reacts with a line starting with B and so on. Have fun and don’t break the order! Anyone who takes too long to think of a line or breaks the order is out! Last ones standing is winner!
- Watch a movie!
- Play a game of charades.
- Scribble art – Everyone participating close your eyes and make a quick scribble onto your paper. Pass the paper in a circle and try to create a drawing with your given scribble. Be creative!
- Build an obstacle course!
- Read a book.
- Write a poem / story.
- Re-organize your closet.
- Paint a picture.
- Watch a movie.
- Scrapbook or craft. (Go on Pinterest for some cool ideas for up-cycling!)